Sunday, April 17, 2011

.FOOrD BLOrG. F-U! Iceland

So I have been trying to eat a tad healthier. In my lunches, at work, I replaced thick bread with thin wheat sandwich things. I replaced chips with baked chips and then no chips just carrot sticks. I replaced cheese on my sandwich for juliened carrot and cucumber (ala bahn mi). Lastly I added non-fat yogurt. Super exciting right? I am sure the problem is my lunches and not my 1 billion beer diet. Yeah? huh...... Anyway, no matter the benefits of eating better anything can become boring. So some days it is good to get a different yogurt or what have you just to keep things fresh....sometimes.Now I didn't know what Icelandic style yogurt is. However, I do now know that I don't like it. Have you ever noticed that just one word or a combination of two and you have to get whatever it is? For instance I recently was at Tabla celebrating (with Sarah and Dave) an awesome couple tying the knot. (Cheers Pat n Em) and a cocktail had "clove salt". I had to try it. It was lame. But that combo made me buy it...or somebody else buy it but that isn't the point. When I saw this yogurt I thought 'Yum'. Little did I know that Icelandic people are disgusting ice trolls who simply want you to hate your mouth for a moment. (Note: the people of iceland are not trolls. I am pretty sure anyway.)

The appearance of this yogurt was thick. Like unbelievably thick and there were visible bits of something. My spoon reluctantly dug into this thick heavy sludge and I even more reluctantly lifted the spoon and put it into my mouth. Not the whole spoon just the part with goop on it. Now I have tasted a fair amount of things and usually I can hate on something that I don't enjoy the taste of. But this was so sick I actually jumped over that step and just hated my mouth for existing. What did it taste like? Like losing. Like losing in a poop eating contest. You know, like you lost and you ate poop.

I didn't taste ginger or orange. I tasted sort of sour..not good sour..and thick. It seriously coated my mouth like nothing ever has and it clung to the insides of my mouth and coated my tongue. I tried coffee to no avail. Same outcome with water. My only savior was carrots which scraped away the horrid yogurt offender. I did not take a second taste. I won't be getting this again. If you want to, head on over to New Seasons and spend 2 bucks on an Icelandic practical joke. Later.

No comments: