Wednesday, May 25, 2011

.FOOrD BLOrG. mini blorg

I have a few posts to do but this snack surprised me and I needed to talk about it. I am referring to Sour Gummy Popcorn.Now I know what you might be thinking- I have had a Jelly Belly that tasted like popcorn and it was gross. Yes, you are right! Or you are disgusting and like popcorn flavored jelly beans which most likely means you like thai chicken pizza and Doritos that are pizza flavored. To you I say " separate your snacks!!!!!"

This is not the case, this is a cute packaging of a fruit flavored candy. The box says that it is strawberry, apple, and watermellon flavored. They just shaped the pieces like popcorn and made all the flavors yellow. Needless to say I didn't expect much and just threw this into my lunch for work just as a mild treat. But WOW was I wrong.

For me, this was pretty great! I couldn't tell you what all the individual flavors were. In fact I thought they were just all the same flavor but I liked it. It has a familiar gummy texture a nice sour flavor and pretty much a fruit salad flavor. I loved it. I actually had to stop myself from eating them all so I could have Sarah try them since she also likes sour gummys.

Much to my surprise she said it tasted like watermellon. Maybe I was eating them too fast. I don't know but what I do know is that they are delicious. In hindsight the shape and packaging seems hokey since I like the flavor but in a world where there is already too many gummy snacks I guess you have to stand out. I suppose its kitsch factor elevates it as a gift item. All I know is that I won't turn down these as a gift in the future I just won't microwave them in butter next time.

No comments: