Monday, September 20, 2010

.FOOrD BLOrG. dark drinkie.

I have seen this particular beverage in the adult consumption isle of a few specialty shops but never purchased it due to its hefty price. Running between 4 and 5 dollars this dark horse was always a bit of a risky choice when the description only defines the title. But this shopping experience, largely due to the helpful support of my wife "...you never buy yourself anything'. Yes my wife thinks I deserve DAMNATION.

Judging from the bottle and the ;able and the cork I had deduced that this drinkie would most likely be dark and ale-like. So upon opening this bevy I prepared myself for a hefty wallop of brutal beer force.

1- Not really a scent to speak of upon uncorking.

2- First gulp was a revelation as there were no soy sauce notes that I was so ready for. Seriously my mouth expected it so much I was trying to imagine them there but they weren't.

3- Second gulp was even better than the first! This beer has a smooth finish and a well rounded flavor profile but not heavy in any way.

4- Gulp. Gulp. Gulp. Oh my, am I finished all ready?

Well in recap, this beer was pretty much a work of drinkable art. Now I know that sounds serious coming from me but DAMNATION really blind sided me. I expected problems and over masculin-hamfisted beer brewing but I was ever so wrong. DAMNATION has dethroned my previous industrial-goth-black metal beverage WARSTEINER. Yes I said it, now go buy yourself one and have yourself some Burzum and beer.

No comments: