Monday, June 27, 2011

.FOOrD BLOrG. Drinkypants or Drunkypoo?

It is time again for an ever so informative look at bevvies! Beerlicious bevies! (I know beerlicious is not a word but it really should be.) No fancy pants talky talkin' just down to the brass tax beer speak. Seriously this is a weak post for sure but here it is anyway.

These were all selected by Sarah and I at Belmont Station......on Belmont.
First up-}This was selected by Sarah because it has a bird eating a person on the label. How can you go wrong with that? Trick question. You can't. Things eating people is my favorite genre of cinema. (I know that isn't a real genre but it should be!) This beer was an amberish color and had a slight caramel/soy sauce flavor situation. It was not bad at all. Not incredible but not bad. Lets face it, the label is the best part though. Okay lets keep moving-}
dreamy.....
I picked this one and Sarah drank it. Seriously, I had a drink of it and was unsure of the wheat vs. raspberry flavor. So I passed the beer to Sarah to try and she liked it so much she drank it. So I can't say much about this one. Sarah, however, quite enjoyed it. If you like beer with lemonade in it or any of the beer with a 50-50 fruit to beer ratio than I'd bet you'd like this.
Ok, I have no idea what I thought about this. I remember very little about it. The only thing I recall is that it tasted like tin and a slight maple syrup taste. Sorry about that but hey I warned you that this was a pretty poorly done beer post. Lastly, we have-
Alright, I know. That is the worst picture of a beer label that I have ever posted. I agree. But there is a reason.
This was on the majority of the label. Sarah found this one in the sale section. Who doesn't love a deal right? Plus look at the description on the back!
Sounds promising right? But when I opened it, it did this-
For like 10 minutes it had a slow river of foam trailing from the top of it. I have never seen a beer do that before. It wasn't shaken up and had been chilling in our fridge for over a week. Weird. How was it? Pretty darn good. This was like a 10.5 alcohol content so I expected to hate it but it didn't taste boozy at all. Rather than the usual soy sauce notes this one had more carmalized fruit leather situations. I found it pretty rich though and had to retire it after 3/4. Which since the first fourth poured itself out that means I enjoyed half of it. Regardless, if it is on sale give it a try. The end.

p.s. The answer is drinkypants. Nobody likes drunkypoo.

No comments: