Saturday, November 13, 2010

.FOOrD BLOrG. Coagulating confusion*

This beverage obviously comes from Japan and it's appeal is that it is liquid that you shake and then have a jello like snack. Yes, a drink you punish into a meal. Interesting. The second I saw this I knew I had to have it but once I had it I was a tad scared of its outcome. Here is a retelling of the 'enjoyment' of it.....

1-I shook the crap out of this thing and then cracked the cap and it smelt like muscat or a real pungent grape scent usually attributed to Japanese snacks.

2-It poured out like viscous spew into the glass. Nowhere near a solid not even close. It tasted like...nothing really. The scent was oddly deceptive as the taste was more thick saliva texture than grape taste.

3-While pondering how this after taste was like someone ate good candy and then 20 min.s later spit into my mouth adding insult to injury that I had no candy. All the while shaking the crap out of this demon drink again. 2 plus minutes later we went round 2.

3.5- F-ing disgusting and still nowhere near solid. At this point Sarah smelled it and said 'It smells like something you'd like.' But then she tasted it and screamed 'looougies!'.
In the above picture you can see a grape explaining to you that if someone gives you grapes then beat the sh*t out of those grapes until they become what you want.....also he says something about maracas. Below you can see disappointment in liquid form. Quite similar to that slime in Ghostbusters 2 that made the statue of liberty dance or something...it just made me sad. This drink not Ghostbusters 2. Ok that made me sad too. I admit that perhaps in not speaking Japanese that I did something wrong in the preparation but all I found online said shake it and it becomes jello. So if you have had a different outcome than please let me know....not that I will try it. I will just buy a jello cup next time. Thanks.

No comments: