Monday, October 4, 2010

.FOOrD BLOrG. Skwinkles?

You might be wondering 'What is a skwinkle?' I am about to shed light on said wonderment with the help of my snack associates Sarah, Rosa, and Dave. The Lucas company makes several hispanic candy snackies. Most of them involve mango and chile. If you recall my post on 'Salsaghetti' you know my stance on this candy concoction. Not too positive or positively against it is more accurate. Yet here we are so why prolong it any further. A skwinkle is apparently a worm shaped gummy that you dip in a mysterious sauce. Oh that is what you thought it was? Me too.
1. No scent at all. Eerily no scent. I imagine ghosts to have more smell than a skwinkle.

2. (first we tried just the worm)
Dirk- No flavor and what I do taste is reminiscent of regret.
Sarah- Well, the yellow isn't very good. The orange is slightly better than the yellow.
Rosa- Tastes like an unsour gummy worm like dried fruit without taste.
Dave- Really crappy gummy worms. That were prelicked and then salted.

Have we sold you on skwinkles yet???? Well Sarah is about to with a description worthy of being place on their packaging.

3. (worm and sauce)

Sarah- I think it is blood placenta. (There you go Lucas company : SWINKLE 'I think it is blood placenta!) Damn near sells itself. Oddly enough I stopped recording our data at this point. The only other comment I wrote down was from Rosa and it reads 'No no no'. Also scribbled on the back of the data sheet is 'nobody needs skwinkles' and it is scribbled in the dramatic fashion you see in movies next to corpses where they wrote their last message in blood with their finger. In closing, if I ever see that sunglasses wearing duck from the packaging I am going to kick him squarely in his skwinkle.

No comments: