Monday, March 21, 2011

.FOOrD BLOrG. Chewzie Chorps

To be honest I am a little under the weather here. No I am not sick but a little defeated. Here we are on post 101 and my camera app that have been using since the dawn of .FOOrD BLOrG. has gone the way of Another Bad Creation- it doesn't work anymore. (Did you think I was going to make an Iesha reference?) So the aesthetic I was going for has been compromised (I bet you didn't think I was even aiming for an aesthetic..) and to top that I didn't even photograph one of the items that I was going to talk about. Yeah, rookie mistake. Here I was all ready to talk about musical tastes and that this is post 101 which is the title of my favorite tour documentary for Depeche Mode and instead I am full of regret and angst. (too much? yea, maybe a bit)

So Sarah, Erin, and Keith are my crew on this wobbly tour of the world....well not really the world but two places. Huh, this just isn't my day. Lets get to it. (While you are looking at this picture I did 50 jumping jacks 30 sit ups and drank a double espresso.....that ought to get things going.)
Coming atcha from Japan is this, our first chewy snack. Bontan Ame Citrus candy! F.t.w.d.k (for those who don't know) a Bontan is the largest of citrus fruits and its flavor was instilled into a chewy candy in 1926 and the recipe has remained unchanged since. (This is where I would originally tied this back into music and personal taste. Mostly doing so just to justify getting to say COLDPLAY SUCKS!!! See I really can't stand coldpee...I mean Coldplay. The sound of 'it' makes my insides quake with anger/disgust. What were we...? oh) By now in this experiment of world snackery I have learned that Japan makes great snacks now. Not always the case. Not for my palette. The whole rice candy no flavor deal doesn't sit well with me. I am not poo pooing on tradition I am just saying it isn't for me.

S- ugh, it tastes like paste. it gets big and fat in your mouth and takes up your whole tounge. Kind of like a lemon head with less flavor and no sour.

E-I agree with Sarah. the rice paper wrapper makes it taste off. not lemony enough to taste good. the texture is off.

K- konichiwa flavor. like eating a creature's liver that ate a smaller creature who had eaten a lemon.

D- wax. really mild citrus. barely a flavor. I tried to peel the wrapper off in order to see what it would taste like without it but it was impossible.

See-
Next we have an addition hailing from AUSTRALIA. Yes, a first here. Green apple licorice. This was a gift from Sarah for the purpose of this blog. Thank you, Sarah. Lets see how it is:

S- it smells like homemade fruit leather. Tastes like dried pears in wax.

E-very much a waxy pear.

K- an ear waxy pear.

D-cheap waxy licorice.


I don't know why they even bother making it? There is already a billion types of licorice out on the market and I'd say about 90% are better than this attempt. I would bet that an apple scented candle would be more enjoyable to eat than this licorice. I bet even an apple scented candle purchased at a Dollar Tree tastes better than this licorice. I bet the floor of the Dollar tree....ok, that is too far. Typing this I just realized how silly it is to have to capitalize 'Dollar Tree'.

The last item was something I had held onto for 5 months just waiting for the right moment. Then I fudged up and forgot to photo it. What was it? Oh just a gummy donut candy from Japan that was individually wrapped and the size of a 50 cent piece. (Like the money unit not the rapper unit) It wasn't that great either. It looked cool. Didn't taste like a donut though. We all thought it tasted more like TANG at which point Keith said 'WU-TANG-CLAN'. That was the highlight.

So what have we learned? Well, I'd say no matter how far we get in any avenue of this experiment called life, we can and will make mistakes. The point is to have friends or loved ones to laugh with through those times. Too much? How about coldpee is a stupid band!!!
Now if you will excuse me I am going to go to the playground. (Ya know)

(ftwk)for those who know-


I DEMAND RETRIBUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: