Tuesday, March 22, 2011

.FOOrD BLOrG. . .SWEATING TIME.

I love coffee. Like really love coffee. I drink coffee. Like really drink coffee. (is that annoying?) The only thing I love more than coffee is iced coffee. Needless to say I ingest a large amount of caffeine all day and sometimes night. Now this isn't a problem, for me. Until I need to try a product such as this. Hello Nixie Tubes!!!What are they? A Nixie Tube is a caffinated pixie stick essentially. Only they changed the first letter and sell them in test tubes. SARAH and I found this online at geek squad while buying my brother a Star Trek pizza cutter. True story, damn fine pizza cutter I might add. Anyway, it seemed pretty crazy so we bought it and they have sat in the candy bowl awaiting their day of judgement.

They come in five flavors: watermelon, fruit punch, cherry, lemon/lime, and blue raspberry.

Allow me to set the scene, it was 8pm and I wanted some coffee only the french press was dirty, the coffee pot was empty and I had already drank an espresso today. Then I remembered the Nixie Tubes and decided today was their day. The flavors are not too awesome but about on par with a Pixie Stick. My favorite was the fruit punch because it tasted like a crushed Sweetart. I love Sweetarts. (side note: Easter is my favorite sweetart holiday because they make chicks, ducks, and bunnies. I love biting their heads off like I am an ogre...but handsome. A handsome head eating ogre.)

Here is the weird thing, you know how caffeine comes on when you drink coffee? Gracefully, like ballerina it dances through your veins waking you up. You know how caffeine comes on in, say, oh, Sparks or Four Loko (r.i.p)? Like a hobo fumbling with your brain like it is a Rubix cube. That is also how the Nixie Tube works. The label says that it contains 2oomg. I can ingest that in coffee no problem but something changes when it is taken out of coffee. I don't know what. I am not a rocket scientist....or whom ever would know that answer.

So about 15 minutes after ingesting said tube my mouth began to tingle and my heart picked up its pace a bit. I even got a little sweaty. Fun? No not really. It works though. I went to bed at 4am and didn't sleep until 4:30. I spent the evening fidgiting and twitching away. But this product wasn't designed for me. This was designed for nerds who don't like coffee. Remember, I like coffee. I could see this product selling well in the rave scene. There is still a rave scene? That is weird. I could also see this selling well in the coke crowd. Just mix in some Nixie and you have lemon/lime cocaine! Isn't there a song about that?(I don't endorse the use of cocaine.)
So I guess you could just snort your Nixie Tube. Str8 to da dome! (Please don't do that.)

No comments: