Tuesday, September 16, 2008

.call it a wash.

So, today was a good day at work. That is all..................ok wait, there is more: I rushed inside after work, I had THINGS to do. 1) laundry-this unexpected heat calls for the wearing of man shants (mens short pants.....ok, coolahts). 2)get recertified as a mandatory reporter of child abuse. 3) snack so that I can eats of thee vitamins (all the kids at work are sniffly or absent) 4) Take a shower (I do work with children with sensory issues.....ok and I should bathe anyway)......So I dashed inside, off with the shoes and slipped into some shorts SOOOO hideous that I have only worn them to the river, I then snatched up my clothes from around and dumped them into the washing machine. Now, here is where I made my fatal mistake....see, I forgot that I usually take an afternoon nap and as part of said ritual, I empty my pockets. Oops, I washed my wallet....again. But I also took this mistake a step further as I also washed MY PHONE!!!!!! Yea, and i mean washed it. All cycles finished including spin. Could have been worse you say???Yes, my friends drop theirs in toilets...at least I didn't mind digging mine out after it went in. So right now it is splayed across the dining table in a last wish that it's superior outer shell has...oh, who am I kidding I am on the market for a phone.....it was a sad phone anyway. Lastly, a child asked a teacher in another classroom "What do leaves become when they grow up?' I wondered what I would have told this student had it been me...... Here is a list of options I came up with:

. mommy and daddy trees.

.christmas presents.

.lawyers- followed by a misguided explanation of what animal a lawyer is.

.fairys-that grant wishes to bears who hunger for children...what? at least the kid would rake the yard.

.episodes of thinly veiled television in the form of reality television. What? where else would it come from.

.boogers. Yep trees have boogers and THATS what leaves are SOOOO next time you see some, don't kick'em. Just 'leaf'em alone!!!! Ah hahaha. Well, the kid would have laughed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would have said "your dad"


hahahhaha. i. am. funny. oh, god.