Thursday, August 19, 2010

.FOOrD BLOrG. Crunchy snackies

Finally you don't have to buy dried pressed meat and chips at the store! You can just buy this fine snack from Japan which infuses beef jerky flavor into Frito Lay corn chips. A great idea or so I thought as with many purchases it never hurts to really investigate the packaging. See there are many types of jerky some of which are awesome while others are not amazing. Usually a bag of jerky that runs about 12 bux is delicious and the 99 cent plank at the sevey is not so grand. Here we go:

1- It smelled like a Frito with a hint of wallet.....

2- It looked like an average corn chip only thinner and flat very flat.

3- Initially the chip tastes like a corn chip and then there is something weird.

4-By the fourth or so chip my mind was trying to get a jerky vibe going on but I couldn't make it equate. I was looking for that 12 dollar beef flavor and what this snack was attempting to taste like is the 25 cent jerky disc I bought at Putt n Video as a child.

5- Once I realized that and looked at the bag I could see the clear illustration of what they were going for. I also stopped eating them.

They aren't disgusting really but the after taste is similar to a wallet stuffed with corn and with a kiss of gasoline. Oh well, sure that sounds gross but it could have been worse. So no I won't be buying more of these but don't tell that to the guy in the picture below.

No comments: