Thursday, August 26, 2010

.FOOrD BLOrG. crunchy snackies

Somewhere between Mexico and Japan lies the aim of this salty snack from Japan. It is called CRATZ (which sounds like a sound alike swear a kid would say at school) and the flavor is Mexican chicken flavor and it is supposed to have almonds somewhere in the mix.

1- It smells like upscale dry pet food.

2- I expected this to go many different ways in the arena of taste but I didn't guess correctly.

3-Salty Salty Salty

4-This snack is so sodium laden that I bet it would give a bullion cube a run for its money.

5- Intense is an understatement. After one tiny chunk I was finished with this experiment. Yet for the sake of science I had another just to make sure. No other taste really comes to the for front and now that I had seconds I think it made my breath smell a little like pee.

Yep, this is not for me. According to the packaging I am guessing you should eat this with a cold beer but why you would want to ruin a perfectly good beer experience with this is beyond me. Even the poor quality beer I drink doesn't deserve that sort of treatment. Maybe the makers of this snack had actual snacks from Mexico and thought they should lower the bar. I don't know for sure but that seems the most logical to me. Please excuse me I need to brush my teeth again.

1 comment:

Dev said...

saved again by the fearless taster