Saturday, August 21, 2010

.fOOrD BLOrG. Oh no Mexico.....

Alright, so the last treat I had from Mexico was shall we say completely disgusting and the overall experience was about as much of a treat as accidentally eating a fly. Actually I'd eat a fly way before chocolate bubble gum ever again. That being said, they deserve another shot so I give you the cutely titled ' HUEVITOS'. I purchased these at the same hispanic grocery store where I purchased that terror gum and two other products that I am terrified to try. We aren't talking of those now though we are talking 'CANDY COATED CHOCOLATE FLAVOR EGGS'. Which is a really messed up sentence like something I'd compose. I assumed this was poor translation on their part which I find pretty cute. That was part of why I bought these fine fine eggs. Now here is how this all went down:

1- Not really a smell upon opening package

2-They candies felt lighter than a chocolate candy usually does.

3- They didn't break or shatter upon biting them. They slowly gave and smooshed between your teeth like an even crappier candy than a Tootsie.

4- This was when I realized that I had made a mistake. There is nothing cute about the packaging. They meant what they said, this is a candy coated chocolate flavor egg and not in a good way. Yep, I fell for it and now the egge was on my face...er, in my mouth. Although at that moment I would have rather had it anywhere but in my mouth.

Yes, Mexico did it again. This candy tasted terrible. Plain and simply a bad candy. It tasted like a diet candy or some kind of candy trying to be something else. Not trying hard enough sadly. I don't know if Mexico is preoccupied with non-chocolate candy tasting like chocolate due to the fact that chcocolate melts in hot climates but this is no substitution for chocolate. Thats like saying 'I don't have chocolate but I wrote chocolate on this chalk board and you can eat that'. Same thing. In closing, shame on you Mexico. With crappy candies like yours I'd run for the border too. Not your border but our border....or the Canadian border. You get what I mean.

No comments: