Friday, August 6, 2010

.FOOrD BLOrG. sweeeeets


Ok, yes, what you are seeing IS candy and Yes it is bacon cheese burger flavored. Why? You might ask. Well, I have no idea but I will tell you this:

1-This candy comes from Japan. (You can tell but the container alone. Duh right?)

2- This confection is called 'Sakuma Drops' or 'Drop Candy'.

3-Believe it or not, varieties of Sakuma Drops have been enjoyed since before ww2 but a current resurgence has been flourishing in recent years.

4- There are flavors ranging from sour plum, ramen, salt pork, squid, beer and many more.

Ok, so you are most likely wondering how it tastes... Ready?

Not great. At first it is a touch sweet...not candy sweet but more like corn sweet and then as your taste buds are all like 'wtf is this?' I experienced a light taste of dare I say 'meat' and mayonnaise. Now that is about where the fun ended for me. Mayo and me are not friends. Mayo has destroid many of my lunches by sneaking into my sandwiches or burgers. That being said, I was waiting for the cheese or bacon flavor. Never came and at a little over a minute this candy got dropped in the garbage. An experience? Yes. Enjoyable? Not too much. On the plus side I have 23 more. Who needs a burger on the go???

No comments: