Wednesday, August 11, 2010

.FOOrD BLOrG. Notsosmartpeople *also known as idiots.

First of all please enjoy this lovely signage we came across just off Sandy and 45th. Ah, intelligence is not required to work at the Grocery Outlet that is for sure. (And neither are good looks, trust me.) Before you say 'that is mean'.....go there. Bring a bat but go there. NEXT!
Today being the last day of work for our 2 week summer break the secretary brought in donuts. It is kind of a thank you for showing up because most people don't. This being PDX the donuts have to come from Voodoo of course. Now a few years ago Sarah and I took her cousin on a donut tour of PDX hitting up as many donut shops as we could and then sampled them. I don't remember getting the donut featured above. So for the sake of science I snatched it up and here is how it all went down.

1-Smelled like a donut. Old fashioned, to be exact.

2-Tasted like a donut. Old fashioned to be exact.

3- Second bite. This time with one of the tiny marshmallows to see why it is even there.

4- Put donut in trash. Mouth tastes like Old fashioned donut with a crappy mini marshmallow wedged in its hole.

Overall, this snack stunk of hype and laziness. Has Voodoo become more relaxed with its fame? I don't know and not knowing what the aim for this snack was I can't really say if it connected but I didn't like it. Hey, why don't you just go to Voodoo and see for yourself. I recommend the one on Sandy cuz there ain't no idiotic tourists. NEXT!
The above is my visual review of the donut.
I know what you are thinking, this is just Doritos that you can buy in any quickie mart. Yes, but the idea for this flavor is so repulsive and the sports target marketing just screamed 'try this I bet it is horrible.' And-

1. Opened the bag and it smelled like crappy nacho pump cheese.

2. The first chip tasted like nasty crappy pump cheese.

3. The second chip was not any better.

The weird thing about this trashy treat is that Doritos already had a nacho cheese flavor right? Isn't that the whole flagship deal....or the ranch either way. But the big difference is that this flavor is minus any and all seasoning or spice. I have tasted napkins with more kick than these chips. Seriously, don't ask why I was tasting napkins. These chips were so disgusting I would rather taste stadium chips flavored after the patrons of the stadium....from the stands point of view. If you get my drift. That being said, I am sure people love these. -BLOrG!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny enough, i went to voodoo on sandy sunday night (let it be known that i a)hate donuts b)have only been to voodoo to be in a mudhoney video as 1/2 of the punk group in their rap outfits and to sling booze at a barfly party c)hate donuts). I bought an oreo/peanut butter thing, took 1 bite of mine and 2 bites out of foreign strangers test donut, introduced myself and promptly left him w/both treats. With a cool and swift whip of my hair and a michael jackson turn on my heel, i left and drove off into the night...